Key Club has organized GDA’s first Read-A-Thon! For the month of March, we are challenging your students to read as many books they can! The reading challenge is open to all GDA K-12 students.
Your student should receive a Read-A-Log sent home from school this week. As they read books, we ask fill out the log and once it is full have your student return it to school to get another one. The more books you read the better your chances to win a prize!
There will be 9 prizes in total:
-1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for Upper Grades
-1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners for Lower Grades.
-3 overall winners (Upper Grades Overall, a Lower Grades Overall, and a Total School Overall)
Overall winners will receive trophies and 1st, 2nd, and third place winners will receive prizes too!
GDA Read-A-Thon Contest Rules:
– Class books read in/for class do NOT count towards the Read-A-Thon
– Books read for Book It CAN count towards your Read-A-Thon
– Books read must be appropriate in length to your students’ grade level
– Read-A-Logs MUST BE signed by a parent to count
– Books must be fully read by end date to count
Lower grade students can turn Read-A-Logs in to their teachers. Upper grade students can turn in Read-A-Logs to either A Key Club Officer, Mrs. Hay’s Box, or the GDA business office! The Read-A-Thon is from March 1st – March 31st. All reading logs are due on March 31st.